Putting On A Corset
1. Loosen the laces fully, so that there is more than enough slack to wrap the corset around your torso. Make sure that the garder loops are at the bottom of the corset. The hooks will be to the right side of your torso, and the eyes to the left.
2. Hook the front of the corset, starting with the second eye from the top, working your way down to the bottom. When you reach the bottom, go back to the top and hook the top eye.
3. Remove the slack in the lacing by pulling the loops located in the center of the back of the corset.
4. Find the X where the laces cross at the top of the corset and pull out the slack. (Note that there are two sets of Xs. One set touches the back. The other set comes through the grommets and over the top of the corset. You will be pulling the slack from the top set of Xs only, ignoring those Xs that touch your back.) Next pull the slack from the 2nd and then the 3rd X. Again, pull the middle loops to remove the slack you have gathered from the top half of the corset.
5. Repeat step 4, starting at the bottom and working toward the middle.
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you have reached the desired tightness.
7. Finally, tie the center loops into a bow. In order to achieve fluff at the center back, instead of long tails that hang down, make the bow loops approximately the same length.
Taking Off A Corset
1. Untie the bow and loosen the laces, so there is no pressure on the hooks.
2. Unhook the eyes, starting at the bottom and ending at the top.
NOTE: Do not try to remove the corset without loosening the back laces. This can damage the corset.